Season 2 of The Lair of Secrets kicks off with a bang (and the muttering of a few spells) as David and Ken interview Matt Forbeck and Marty Forbeck about their Shotguns & Sorcery for 5E Kickstarter. The Kickstarter funded within hours of its launch and runs until 10 p.m. EST, Tuesday, November 16, 2021.
Shotguns & Sorcery is a fantasy noir setting featuring a city, a dragon, and lots of zombies. It originated as stories and novels written by Matt Forbeck in which a zombie apocalypse destroys much of the world’s population. The survivors gather at a distant mountain ruled by a dragon … and beg the dragon to save them from the zombies. The dragon is able to fend off the undead long enough for the representatives of the various fantasy races to take refuge in the mountain. Over the centuries that followed, society evolved and advanced, rising to the level of early 20th technology.
Shotgun & Sorcery’s initial role-playing game incarnation was for Monte Cook Game’s Cypher system. The current Kickstarter provides a campaign setting and rules for the 5th Edition of the world’s most popular fantasy role-playing game.
Topics covered during the podcast include:
- An overview of the setting
- Comparing and contrasting the Cypher and 5e iterations of the game
- Running a successful kickstarter and dealing with the challenges of fulfillment and shipping during the COVID era
- What it’s like for the father/son team to work together on projects like this
- and more!
- Shotguns & Sorcery for 5E Kickstarter.
- Shotguns & Sorcery: Cypher Edition bundle on Bundle of Holding
- Shotfuns & Sorcery on DriveThruRPG
- Matt Forbeck’s website
- Matt Forbeck on Twitter
Thanks for listening. If you have feedback, we love feedback. You can send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @lairofsecrets. You can also visit lairofsecrets.com and leave us some feedback, topic ideas, or your own thoughts on what we’ve talked about. You can also find us on Twitch.
Cover art for the original RPG, done by Jeremy Mohler.