Summer is here, and that means reading! On this episode, it’s all books, all the time as we talk about our Summer Reading Lists for 2023.
Need more inspiration? Check out these posts.
- Overlord Emeritus Chris Miller runs down his Worthy Comic Books for Summer Reading
- Ken’s full Summer 2023 reading list is up on Nuketown.
- Need even more books? Revisit our 2021 and 2022 reading lists.
The Summer Reading Lists 2023
- Terry Pratchett
- The Gods of HP Lovecraft
- Collection of short stories by modern authors, without all of the racism in it
- Legends II
- Another short story collection
- David’s not sure of the overall theme/world, but understands it’s another shared setting
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Pretty heavy, David’s wanted to read it for a while so he is taking this opportunity to put it on the pile
- Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
- The Library Connection
- David hasn’t lost access to the library and it’s apps, so he expects this list to swell
- Ken launched his 16th annual reading list
- Dragons of Deceit by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- A return to Dragonlance after more years away then Ken can easily remember.
- Destina Rosethorn seeks to travel back through time to save her father, who died in the War of the Lance.
- Star Wars: Lesser Evil (Thrawn Ascendency, Book 3) by Timothy Zahn
- The final book of the second Thrawn prequel series. Yes, this was on Ken’s list last year. Yes, he didn’t read it.
- Station Eternity by Mur Lafferty
- A murder mystery on a sentient space station.
- Released in October 2022, so it wasn’t on last year’s reading list.
- The next book in the series, Chaos Terminal, drops in November 2023.
- Dead Moon (Threshold Universe, Book 3) by Peter Cline
- LOST meets Lovecraft meets weird science.
- Began with “14”, in which people living in an apartment building discover something very strange is going on in their basement. Continued with The Fold, which involved visiting another realm … and dealing with the consequences of those visits
- Implacable (The Lost Fleet: Outlands Book 3) by Jack Campbell
- Admiral John “Black Jack” Geary has taken his fleet beyond the frontier and is battling the dangerous and cryptic Enigma aliens. If only he wasn’t also fighting Alliance politicians back home, who are concerned he’ll use his immense popularity to seize control of the government
- Graphic Novels
We love feedback! You post a comment below or connect with us using these channels: